Wednesday, April 15, 2020

I used to resent pink


Pink for girl, blue for boy?

Almost a year ago my daughter was born. My beautiful baby.

We got so many cards and gifts for her, it was quite touching. We were moving house at the time she was born (still trying to forget how stressful that was), and even the bank sent us a gift hamper of baby bath stuff!

We didn't find out the gender of our baby - (best thing ever!) when she was born, we got SO much pink stuff. SO SO much pink- I really remember looking round and seeing pink everywhere.

I absolutely resented the colour- looking back on it now it was un gracious and ungrateful behaviour. I blame it on those post birth hormones.

I just wanted to make note of my change of feelings towards pink in isolation, on my daily walk I love looking at everything in blossom. I find myself saying, 'look at that tree, lovely and pink!'

I think I'm in a much better place than I was....


No comments:

Post a Comment